Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Glee Recap, Ophelia Style!

My main takeaway from last night's Glee is that apparently, this season is only about abs:


I am taking donations for lipsuction, if anyone wants to contribute!

These Glee tribute episodes are never that great. Don't get me wrong - any Glee is better than no Glee! But so often in the tribute episodes, the songs are shoved in with a paper thin storyline that just feels forced. At least in the Madonna and Lady Gaga installments the cast was presented with some material that allowed them the opportunity to stretch their vocal chords - all this one really did was remind America, in case we forgot, that Britney Spears can't sing. Is she a pop culture icon? Sure. Is she a 90s sex symbol? Yes, especially before that unfortunate weave started eating her head. Is she one of the better dancers I've ever seen? Absolutely. But she cannot sing, her songs are the product of autotune gone wild, and in a show about singing MAYBE A BRITNEY SPEARS TRIBUTE EPISODE IS NOT THE BEST CHOICE!!!

My goodness, I am very worked up about this, it turns out! I know how to calm down:


Mmmm, that's better. Next week on Glee: who knows, but I bet it'll be ab-riffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment