Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Odd development - I like football

Growing up I couldn't stand football. In the deep south it's all anyone seems to give a hoot about, and since I was determined to have nothing to do with the place from whence I came, I said 'NO THANK YOU' to football for years. But then I moved in with a guy who really, really likes to watch football. And lo and behold - it turns out I ALSO like watching football! I'm not entirely sure why - though the basic tenets are easy enough for a goon like me to grasp, there are a lot of really random and obscure rules that mean I often don't entirely understand what's going on. The announcers generally annoy the bejesus out of me. I find the cheerleader aspect pretty gross. So what's the appeal?


OOOH LAWD! Perhaps it's inadventently homoerotic moments such as this.

1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate to this. Over the winter, I was rushing home from Mass to watch Saints games and such. And I was thinking, "Wow, church and football on Sunday. I'm way more Southern than I ever was when I lived there."

    ReplyDelete