Wednesday, October 26, 2011

My first corgi

Anyone of my seven readers could testify to the fact that I love a corgi. The first corgi I ever met - indeed, the first one I'd ever seen or even heard of - was Ted, the dog of my dear high school friend Gordon. Ted was basically happiness in a fur covered body and stumpy ass legs, and I adored him instantly. But, as happens sometimes despite the best of intentions, Gordon and I largely lost touch for a while, and that of course meant no more Ted in my life. As we progressed through college, a number of my friends suffered the loss of their childhood pets, and one day it occured to me - Holy crap, Ted must be dead!!

Well it delights me to tell you all that Ted is NOT dead! Ted, it turns out, is alive and thriving and living in Knoxville, TN. He has a lovely life with Gordon's mom and dad and they take him on all kinds of very fun trips. Gordon sent me a photo of Ted just the other day:


LOVE YOU TED!!

Fun fact - Gordon also has a pet hedgehog named Hoggie Bear. I thought it would be gross but it is adorable. He has two cats as well, but who cares about those.

2 comments: