Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Book recommendations

What are books are you reading these days, folks? I was given a large number of books for the holidays, and I am thrilled to have a fresh, healthy stack of tomes to devour - but those may have to get put on hold so that I can check out some of these great works highlighted in Buzzfeed's recent post 'These 24 Books Have Actually Been Published.'

I am already incomparably awesome, but you might want to check out this one:


Practice makes perfect, yo!

Here's one I think I need to read straightaway - like many twenty-somethings, I've wondered what the next step in my working life might be. My sister gave me some very good advice recently. She said that no one is going to have my career as their top priority but me. I think she is right - and I think I've found just the book to help me cultivate my inner businesswoman:


I'm off to see if Craigslist has any mattresses being put out on the side of the road today I can pick up. The sky's the limit, folks!

1 comment: