Friday, January 6, 2012

Songs from Goo

One of the many benefits of having an older sister like Goo has been the awesome music to which she's introduced me. While my classmates were listening to garbage modern country radio slop or - I kid you not - Christian rock (welcome to rural Mississippi!), Goo was playing me Nirvana, Sonic Youth, PJ Harvey, Beck and the like. Of course, at the time this only served to make me even more weird than the other kids, but later in life it helped me pretend to be marginally cool! Thank you, Goo!

She just texted me to remind me of another musical genuis she brought into my life - DR. HOOK.



Mmm, nothing like a slow jam on a Friday night.

2 comments:

  1. Aww, what a sweet post! Had never seen the video. Dr. Hook was a sweaty man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RIGHT? He is uber sweaty in this video! Cocaine?

    ReplyDelete