Monday, February 3, 2014

Brief Encounters with Drunk Dudes

On Friday evening, I was walking home along U Street after a lovely concert, thinking about how much I love my city and my neighborhood... when some fratty looking dude in khakis and boat shoes came stumbling out of some nondescript bar, bellowing about how much he wanted a jumbo slice.

"UGH," I thought to myself.  "U Street is SO. OVER."


I followed him and his crew a couple of blocks down the street.  As they approached the Metro, an elderly homeless dude, who I am guessing was drunk because he had clearly pissed his pants, caught sight of this group.  He looked at them with disdain and proclaimed, "I AM SO SICK OF ALL THESE FUCKING WHITE PEOPLE!"

Me being me, I burst out laughing.  The elderly man turned his attention to me and said, "Except for the REAL white people.  You REAL, lady."  Then he squinted at me and observed, "Wait, you ain't even white.  You Latina!"

Thanks, U Street, for reminding me that you do have a bit of character left. 

1 comment: