Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Mind = BLOWN

I take back my earlier insinuations that Nicholas Sparks is anything less than a genuis. I am a mere 16 pages into his novel The Last Song, and it's already clear to me that he is a master of wordsmithery. CHECK IT:

"Middle age, he sometimes thought, had made him as reflective as a mirror."

I remember first learning in grade school about similes... but I was not warned about the heights to which they could really take a reader.

I feel like I've been punched in the gut with emotion!

2 comments:

  1. He thinks that he writes along the same lines as Hemingway, and that he's better than Cormack McCarthy. Riiiiiiight. Go find an even tighter black t-shirt to wear, Nicholas Sparks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to reevaluate a friendship when someone said they loved ALL nicholas sparks book on their facebook.

    ReplyDelete