Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Hump Day!

Oh, y'all, it's Wednesday. Thank ass, am I right? Halfway to the weekend! Shall we dance in celebration?



I sent this to my sister Goo last Hump Day, and she shared a wonderful story about her time in the Greenwood High School Marching Band:

When I was in the GHS band, one year we played T.L. Weston in Greenville, which was a truly thugged-out place. Their band played this song at halftime. The choreography was the lewdest thing I'd ever seen. They were practically having sex on the field. (Our director was not having that; we played the theme from "Aladdin.") When we left, the T.L. Weston kids threw rocks and bottles at our bus. All of this actually happened.

A quick internet search has shown me the sad news that T.L. Weston High School no longer exists, having been consolidated with another school. Another reminder that nothing gold can stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment