Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Crushes from the 90s

Tonight at 8pm, with no new episode of America's Next Top Model, I found myself in front of the tube, din din on lap, with nothing to watch - I have a fairly strict tv watching schedule, you see. When one's significant other works nights, one tends to date the television in his absence. So, I began to channel surf when Jeopardy! ended, but the surfing did not last long. I quickly found myself watching NBC's reality show The Sing Off. This genuis creation is a competitive outing for acapella groups, and it is AWESOME. It's pretty much the opposite of American Idol, which I despise - the contestants do their own arrangements, and they can all actually sing really well (American Idol is basically a yelling contest, not a singing contest)! I enjoyed the featured groups immensely, but what really struck a chord with me (PUN!) was the judges... because one of them is an old crush of mine from the early 90s about whom I'd completely forgotten: Shawn Stockman of Boyz II Men. Remember him?! Remember Boyz II Men?! Let me refresh your memory:



EFF YES. I may or may not have just danced around my kitchen while watching that. Expect more Sing Off and Shawn Stockman posts in the weeks to come, friends! No go forth and harmonize.

No comments:

Post a Comment