Friday, July 6, 2012

So, how was your 4th of July?

I really, really enjoy the 4th of July holiday.  It is a holiday that is largely without any pressure whatsoever.  With New Year's Eve, there's the expectation that you must party hard and have the most memorable evening, which rarely happens.  Valentine's Day does nothing for me.  Thanksgiving usually brings family drama of some sort, plus it makes you fat.  Christmas is pretty nice, but you have to spend money on gifts, and you want to get people wonderful gifts because you love them, which gets expensive and stressful.  But with the 4th of July, pretty much all you have to do is sit around and do nothing all day, and then make a half hearted attempt to see some pyrotechnics.  If you miss them, no big deal - they'll be doing the same thing next year.  I had a lovely 4th this year - I hung out at home with my husband, ate some hot dogs at a cookout, and then watched the District's fireworks display from a friend's rooftop.  The 4th of July is the best!

In honor of perhaps my favorite holiday, here is a video of a dog saying 'America' and an excellent compilation of failed attempts to set off fireworks.  Enjoy!



Both via Videogum.

2 comments:

  1. This makes me wonder A LOT about people. And whether they think about anything at all...hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched this entire video with my hand over my heart.

    ReplyDelete