Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Whither the snow cones?

Summer has hit the District in full force at last, and I am loving it!  As someone who grew up in the Mississippi Delta, where it's said that temperature-wise "there ain't nothin' but a screen door between you and hell," I love a nice hot day.  I've been wearing sundresses and flip flops, sipping Arnold Palmers, and hitting up the pool... but one thing is sorely missing from my summer, and that is snow cones.  I don't know of anywhere in DC that has snow cones, and I can't figure out why!  In my hometown we had a snow cone truck AND multiple snow cone stands - and this is a town of 15,000 folks that doesn't even have a movie theater, not the capital of America.  And no, an Italian ice or a Slurpee or a slushie is not the same thing and will not suffice. 

Do you know where I can find one?  I need to look like this guy:


And please, don't call it a snow ball.  That ain't the same either.

1 comment:

  1. Voila:
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Snoopy-Sno-Cone-Machine/14550375

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete