Thursday, July 22, 2010

A lil adventure

Today I had a staff retreat at a site in Petworth, a neighborhood in DC that some of my coworkers (mostly the ones who live in the 'burbs) seem to think is marginal at best. I like to live on the edge, so I opted to take the Metro and walk to the meeting rather than waste money I don't have on a cab. And it was delightful! Everyone was most friendly and the walk was lovely and totally uneventful. I was about a block from the Metro on my way back home this afternoon, thinking "I didn't even get sexually harassed, this neighborhood is great!"... when I got sexually harassed. But it wasn't even that insulting! A man drove by and took a moment to slow and holler out his window, 'Where can I find a pretty lady like you?'. Sadly, he drove off before I could respond, but my reply would have been thus:

1) Sir, your taste is questionable.
2) At the Ophelia store, duh.

No comments:

Post a Comment