Monday, January 24, 2011

Quotes from athletes

When Facebook first came into being, Oberlin was among some of the first schools to gain access to it. I remember clearly the summer afternoon Pete and I created our Facebook profiles. Pete listed 'newspapers' and 'quotes from athletes' among his interests. Here are some of his faves:

“But can’t nobody (mess) with me. I’m like toilet paper, Pampers and toothpaste. I’m definitely proven to be effective.”
-Shaquille O'Neal, very large basketball player

“If y’all see me in the news, and I make the news for something that I ain’t got no business making it for, don’t bash me. Just say it was a young man living.”-Clinton Portis, running back for the Washington Redskins

"The Bible never says anything about dinosaurs. You can't say there were dinosaurs when you never saw them. Somebody actually saw Adam and Eve. No one ever saw a Tyrannosaurus Rex."-Carl Everett, baseball player

"I've had to overcome a lot of diversity."-Drew Gooden

And here's one courtesy of moi. This is my favorite interview with an athlete ever:



Sadly, Bart and his boys lost their chance to go to the Super Bowl. I CAN'T WAIT to see what you do next time around, Bart!

4 comments:

  1. I always roll out that Shaq toilet paper quote when the subjects of athletes saying stupid things come up. So I owe Pete one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUBJECT of athletes saying stupid things. more proof that everyone needs an editor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...subject of athletes saying stupid things COMES UP. mother of god. i'm going to retire for the evening now, and maybe for life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Goo, for making this quite possibly the most commented upon post in OEIA history! Love you!

    ReplyDelete