Monday, June 21, 2010

Delta Wedding

I was born and raised in the countriest, poorest part of the countriest, poorest state in America. Seriously, people - it don't get more southern than the Mississippi Delta. Weddings are a massive deal down there, and one of the great pleasures of my life since I've moved away is hearing about the gigantic blowouts people throw for the 'big day.' I used to have only the annoucements in the local paper to quench my thirst for Deep South tackiness, but with the advent of Facebook, I can now find a wealth of details in living color. BEHOLD this groom's cake from a recent Delta wedding, complete with the classiest cake stand I've ever seen:


Nothing says love like the antlers that were sawed from a defenseless animal who was killed for sport!!

1 comment:

  1. "Jackson comes from a good old southern family with good old southern values -- you either shoot it, stuff it, or marry it."

    Looks like these guys have two out of three....

    ReplyDelete