Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Wills Wedding Watch

Massive news today - Prince William, heir to the throne of the greatest country in the world (Fun Ophelia Fact: I'm a total Anglophile) is ENGAGED! The lucky lady is one Kate Middleton, who I know little about other than I covet her hair. Seriously, does she give hair lessons? I need hair lessons. But back to the happy couple! I've been obsessed with the British royal family for as long as I can recall, and you can bet that OEIA will be teeming with coverage of these impending nuptials in the months leading up to this all-important union... starting with my own personal history with the man known as Wills.

When I was around 12 or 13, shortly before Princess Di passed away, I noticed something - her eldest son, William, had grown up quite a bit... and William was HAWT. I swiftly developed a hardcore crush on him, and concocted what I thought was really a pretty reasonable scheme for how to meet him. I already had plans to move to London and become the most celebrated actress on the theatre scene. I knew that William's pops, Prince Chuckles, was a patron of the arts, so surely his son would be as well. It was only a matter of time before Prince William would come to see me play Maggie in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (totally reasonable dream role for an aspiring tween actress to want to portray), be so stunned by my amazing performance that he would demand to meet me immediately, and fall in love with me at first sight. His grandmother would have objections, naturally, but she would come to love me - along with the whole of British society. William and I would then marry, be in love forever, and I'd have really effing great hair.

That didn't pan out. A few years later, I realized I wasn't a very good actress, and decided to major in English instead. And I did go to London, and I met an incredible person named Sam. He didn't fall in love with me at first sight, but I wore him down eventually.

Anyway, major soft spot for William, and I'm so happy we are getting married next year, but not to each other!

Next Wills Wedding Watch post - who the heck is this Kate Middleton, and what kind of conditioner does she use?

No comments:

Post a Comment