Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Agreeing to Disagree

A few weeks ago, I learned something about my best pal that was shocking to me: Sydney does not like Wipeout. I didn't know what to make of this news. How can anyone not love an utterly mindless show all about people falling down in hilarious ways?!

"I hate to break it to you," she said, "but Wipeout gives me a sad. I mean, once that woman was hit in the face with her own breasts, basic human dignity jumped the shark."

High quality video of the event in question:



Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. You have a point, Syd, but my love for Wipeout will not be diminished - after all, the contestants have kind of signed up to have their dignity erased. Perhaps that's what appeals to me so much about Wipeout - I spend so much time worrying about doing something stupid or clumsy or awkward that will make me look like a fool, but these people are meeting that fear head on! Or maybe I just like seeing people fall down. I dunno.

Regardless, this is also a valuable lesson that good pals don't have to agree on everything. We had this photo snapped directly after our Wipeout disucssion:


See? Still the best of friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment