Monday, August 2, 2010

Blush and bashful!

Sydney and I had a big outing on Saturday - we went shopping for bridesmaids dresses for the first time. Since I got engaged and started planning this wedding, people have been asking me what my 'colors' are. Apparently, in addition to needing a 'theme' (pretty sure the theme is marriage, people), a wedding must also have 'colors.' This always makes me think of Steel Magnolias when the girl who croaks says her colors are blush and bashful, and I can't really take the idea too seriously. Sydney was on the same page - the two dresses we liked best were a dark purple number and a grey job whose color name was 'gunmetal.' Sydney very helpfully pointed out that if I went with grey and purple, my 'colors' could be... GUNMETAL and BRUISE. That takes care of the 'theme' too - PUNK RAWK WEDDING!!!

4 comments:

  1. To heck with "blush and bashful", I just want to know if you're going to have a bleedin' armadillo groom's cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud to be a part of this wedding!

    ReplyDelete