Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Fun quotes from my Mama

Moms are the best, aren't they? My mama in particular is fantastic. One of the things I love most about spending time with her or talking to her on the phone is how much we laugh together (and this is true of my dad and my sister as well - we are all just a real pack of cards). This is largely because of the marvelous things that come out of her mouth. Some choice quotes:

Regarding me sitting in a chair with my legs hiked up... while wearing a skirt: "I can see your name and address!"

Regarding hoping for some changes to happen in the next year: "Well, God willing and the creek don't rise."

Regarding a ringing telephone in her house: "Oh, what fresh hell is this?"

Sure do love that lady. People always say how much we look alike - particularly how much I look like her in photos from when she was my age - and Mama always jokes that I should kick people who say such mean things. But she's just being silly, because I can't think of a much better compliment than for someone to say I am like her.

1 comment: